• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PA120.2 or Black Ice Ext II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b08maz

Registered
I currently have a polarflo gpu block and a switech storm cp waterblock connected up to a Black Ice Extreme II radiator. My question is: Would a Thermochill PA120.2 improve my flow rate significant enought to warrant the extra money spent?

Temps under full load are: 49-50c running BOINC

mypc_compressed.gif

It would help but if you are happy with your OC do your temps need to be lower? I don't see spend the money unless you can't get where you want to be.

Acurax said:
Wow, how do you do anything in that setup? I would be so frustrated trying to work in that thing...
Yeah, that reply helped :rolleyes: The PA 120.2 is not doubt a better rad however, I don't think you will yeild that much of a temp improvement by switching. I can't imagine losing more than 2c at best. If that is worth it to you then by all means get one.

Tight setup - agreed

Yes it is very hard getting around the setup - when I need to get to it. It has to be tested with everything installed. I just hook up a 12v lab suppy to the pump and leak test it that way.

Weapon recommends at least 1" and preferably 2" between the fans and the rad. You might try making a cheap (but functional) shroud to see if it helps - then make a better one if it does ...

What components are you running? 50C seems kinda high for a water cooling setup, of course, I've never had one before, so I'm not one to talk.

I like QuietIce's idea: Make a shroud. It should help your temperatures a reasonable amount.

Cheers

nikhsub1 said:
Yeah, that reply helped :rolleyes:

Sorry :-/ Just the first thing I noticed. Plus, QuietIce said it all already.

b08maz said:
Yes it is very hard getting around the setup - when I need to get to it.

Good point. It could be beneficial in a way, it would keep me from messin with stuff, or buying more. Do you like your P180 alot? I looked at one of those a couple of months ago.

Also, was wondering about that fan--is that zip-tied to your video card?

Back