• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

copying excel file win2k > xp with macros.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

Hey everyone,

have an interesting problem, I am upgrading this win2k machine to a new xp box and copying an excel file that contains a bunch of macro's seems to not work so wel. I can copy the file anywhere on the win2k system and it runs, when i go look under the VB editor in the excel file (alt f11) it has 2 VBAprojects on the left side. Now when i copy the file to windows XP it stops functioning right and only has one of those VBA projects showing. Even if i open it from the win2k computer via my xp box it only opens one of those VBA projects.

win2k = office97
xp = office2k3

is there some office 2003 settings i need to play with or does anyone have input to this wierd problem.

thanks in advance!
Marko

edit: it seems to me like a macro that was built to start up with excel on the other comptuer has not transfered over.. anyone know how to transfer it?

Last edited:
Back