• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Striker Extreme squeak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antioch

Hi guys. I just got my striker and thus far I have mixed feelings (but I think those are because my powersupply is crapping out, I've got a new one on order that should arrive tomorrow and fix the problems).

However, I've noticed that when I hard power off my machine (holding the power switch down for 4+ seconds) the machine does indeed shutoff, but it makes a highpitched "ping" noise that fades out after a second. Anyone know what this is? Is it just a notification that, "hey, you shut your machine off" or what?

Thanks.

It's not. Once I flicked the switch too fast, so that the machine powered back up before the noise finished (it only takes a split second, but I was fast) and the tone stayed at the frequency it was at when I hit the switch back on....

It's probably from some of the speaker wiring I did to extend the speaker header off of the motherboard (I've got a tight fit between the top of the board and a fat radiator).

Had a similar experience when I played games. It was the PSU. I had to use my headphones and a separate mic to isolate the noise. I had no idea it was coming from the PSU because the high pitch squeal resonated throughout the case. Sure enough when I placed the mic at the PSU the squeel got louder. Because I had a 5 year warranty I RMA it and they fixed it.

Just yesterday I got bfg 8800gtx and my p5b deluxe or gfx makes beep sound upon turn off

Back