• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Windows on Segate 7200.10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

Posted this in the storage section too. Thought I would try to maxmize my responses before I shoot my self in the head!!! :mad:

Ok I am getting a little ticked at this drive. Everything you should need to know is in my sig. I have tried with both using the F6 driver and without. I have formatted and copied files like 6 times. Ok here is the story. I try to install to my Segate 7200.10 drive (320GB) making a full 320GB partition. I boot up from my Windows XP SP1a disk and run through all the steps. I create the partition, format the partition, and move all the OS files over. It then asks for the 1st reboot... I reboot and upon boot I get a screen saying "Please insert proper media. Press Ctrl Alt Del to continue." My boot device priority is my CD ROM then my HDD. I have tried using both the F6 driver and w/o the F6 driver. I should not need it b/c I am not doing RAID. I have tried unhooking all my HDD's but the Segate and notta. The Segate shows up to my other windows install and I have been using it. It also shows up in BIOS. I have also tried with it in 3.0GB/s and 1.5GB/s SATA mode. WTF gives? :bang head

Well, when installing you should need to insert the driver because Windows doesn't recognise the SATA drive automatically. You mentioned you have your HDD set to boot after your CDROM, is that HDD0 or SATA that its set to?

Hrmmm, for your board I beleive it supports SATA2 so I would leave it on 3.0GB/s. Have you removed the CD from the drive when booting at this point?

Yep... I think it has more to do with the NF4 chip and the SATA drive... I am going to try to change the port to one of the ones that my RAID0 install is on and try again.

I have had the same issues on a sata drive with a ultra d. I gave up yesterday and put a ide drive in the computer. (It was the drive to go in the PC anyway but I wanted to try out the new perp)

Back