• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another horrifying problem with 680i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

Well here we go,had my memory in the blue slots running 1200 stable 2.150volts,ran memtest 39 passes no errors I was living the good life til yesterday.
Started getting ramdom freezes and a couple BSODS so I thought I would run memtest again while I was asleep,I stayed up to see if it would pass the 1st time error free,but it didn't,before I pulled 1 stick to see which one was bad I decided to move both into the black slots,ran memtest another 39 passes error free @ 1200 2.150 volts,so it is the board that is bad so I requested an RMA from EVGA,question is should I get another 680i or just send it back to NewEgg for a different board?
And the EVGA board is starting to fill up with others with memory problems,but most seem to have bad sticks,I hope this thing doesn't take out the memory,I will be very upset if that happens:(

It has totally went down hill,is there another SLI option out there??

Section8 said:
Just the 590 based boards.. Which are very nice but don't OC well.

Then I guess it will be an Intel chipset...
I really hate to give up on this board,but have no choice..

Dave65 said:
Then I guess it will be an Intel chipset...
I really hate to give up on this board,but have no choice..

your not needing to run sli so its no big loss, look at it this way, you get a stable board that will oc as high or higher with a munch simpler and smaller bios which will get you better results in half the heartache.

greenmaji said:
Do you have a 24-30" LCD with res to match?
If not.. why SLI?

Actually I have been contemplating hooking it to my Sony 50 LCD for gaming,but I am a total noob when it comes to that stuff,my goal there is to one day use my pc for gaming,and as a DVR,but not on my 20 inch monitor,but the 50 inch,but not sure how to go about all that yet,that was my reason for SLI,will that even matter,I do not know..

Yes but the 50" LCD only has HDTV res correct? If so.. it doesn't have res. to match a 24-30" PC monitor LCD.

greenmaji said:
Yes but the 50" LCD only has HDTV res correct? If so.. it doesn't have res. to match a 24-30" PC monitor LCD.

Yes I see your point,like I said I am a noob when it comes to resolutions and stuff:D

it seems the asus boards dont have a lot of these issues with the nVidia chipsets.

also the evga reference board has issues with big cooling solutions - a lot need mods to fit while the asus boards fit large heatsinks for the cpu fine.

Just ordered the ASUS P5B Duluxe from NewEgg,I hate to give up on this 680i,it sure a fast board when it works,but until they do something about the problems,I have no choice...

LOL yeah about there as well. Well see how the 2nd 680i board works out. What really bothers me though is that a lot of people seem to not have any trouble for a month or so then BAM the board goes to ****. So even if I get my 2nd board up and running with no problems it still may die in a months time :(

Section8 said:
LOL yeah about there as well. Well see how the 2nd 680i board works out. What really bothers me though is that a lot of people seem to not have any trouble for a month or so then BAM the board goes to ****. So even if I get my 2nd board up and running with no problems it still may die in a months time :(

I wonder if they will be a new revision,I hope they will do something.
There was a lot out there,like me who almost got a month out of it before it started to die..

Back