• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Iexplore.exe in processes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

Recently, I've been looking through my processes and noticed that iexplore.exe is listed twice.

I find that really boggling because I never use IE. I'm a firefox user. I can't seem to make it go away. end Process, End Process Tree, it comes right back up. Ran Norton, Adaware, Spybot, and I have no clue why it's there.

Thoughts?

It is kind of strage. You may have another process using internet explorer. Outlook for instance uses the Word executible. Is it there when you reboot? Try shutting down or disabling some other programs and see if it goes away.

Ok for some reason SPybot did catch this the first time

"n fact the software does not work at all, and new.net is not the only other software that gets installed. While new.net is shown during installation, the malware swizzor is not.
Various other executive files are installed and run in background and systemstart without user consent. Those files also run the Internet Explorer 2 times in background and restart it via a hook to the Explorer if the Internet Explorer processes are disabled."

So I figured it out! Thanks for the help!

Back