• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Problem /Confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T1Cybernetic

P5B Problem /Confusion /Version Differences

After reading around a bit about intel core 2 duo boards i decided to grab myself a P5B but after checking
some online vendors i noticed it wouldnt be that easy :rolleyes: is there any chance someone can tell me what
are all the differences in the P5B versions?

I obviously wanted to grab the best overclocker with the best features etc but i dont need wifi or crossfire /sli etc

Also forgot to say that i can clearly see that they come with LAN, Crossfire, cables and extras but i mean
what are the actual board, chipset & bios differences etc and will i be missing anything if i buy standard P5B?

"EDIT"
If you need to check em all out yourself then theres a list of all the P5B's here!

Last edited:
Get at least the P5B-E, or P5B deluxe if you want two PCIe slots (although the second is 4x max) or Intel's Matrix RAID. Don't get the vanilla P5B it doesn't OC as well.

have a look at the P5B-E plus excellent board, they have them at Scan, Overclockers.co.uk and Stak trading, it does not have wifi and no crossfire so it fits your needs.

I had NO luck getting a P5B-E to overclock a Pentium-D 930. I switched to the ABIT AB9-Pro and the 930 went straight to 4GHz with no problems. The P5B-E wouldn't even post at those frequencies.

Back