• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can the P5B clock higher than evga 680i ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

as the title says, im confused. i read the evga is harder to OC than the P5B-Deluxe, but can the P5B-Deluxe actually get a better OC, or is the evga jsut harder?

i would also like to know which is the better overclocker motherboard, being the EVGA is 50pounds more than the P5B Deluxe.

Also has the EVGA got onboard graphics?

thanks

The biggest asset that the Nvidia boards have is being able to run the ram async.

In other words.. If your rams not fast enough to run 1:1 with your overclock, I would consider it (or better ram :p)

neither board have onboard graphics

Raw FSB the P5B-Deluxe would win

My ram should be fine [Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1000 (PC8000)]. However, the eVGA i would be able to use SLi.... but i wouldnt be able to use my two identical HDs in matrix raid, only raid 0, and i have a 8800GTX, so i dont think ill need to run SLi, so if your saying the P5B-D i would get a better overclock with, then i guess ill get that. But are we sure the eVGA is a worse overclocker? i mean it just came out, and their fixing up BIOS so are we 100% sure that i wouldnt be able to get as a high a clock with the 680i as the P5B-D

There isnt a CPU on the market that you can overclock to the point that it wouldn't be the bottleneck a DX10 SLI system (yes a C2D at 4.8Ghz isnt enough IMHO).. I see SLI as incredable overkill personly (Unless you are pushing res thats just crazy).

Hmm i guess im just going to go P5B-D, its the best overclocker for the E6600, since 8800GTX in SLi is absolutely pointless, as the 8800GTX alone is easily the most powerful gfx card on the market. Plus ill buy two identical hard drives and run Matrix RAID on the P5B-D. And the P5B-D i can buy with wireless support built in :D

The P5B-Deluxe is overkill FSB wise for anything short of dry ice cooling, just so you know.

SLI for the 24 inch and 30 inch LCD's with MAX settings is unreal to look at... It is so amazing and once you see it you never want to go back. People that say it is overkill just don't know what there talking about.

Section8 said:
SLI for the 24 inch and 30 inch LCD's with MAX settings is unreal to look at... It is so amazing and once you see it you never want to go back. People that say it is overkill just don't know what there talking about.
Psst.. thats the crazy res I was refering to. almost no-one has a 24-30" LCD (IE HDTV res is not enough) and if they do they put it in there sig ;) .. The ones that do, yes SLI and crossfire is worthwhile.

Back