• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick setup question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey guys. Just got my setup here from Elif Tymes... the specs are:

Swiftech 650
Danger Den Fillport Reservoir
BIX 120MM Heatercore

I was just wondering if I got it all connected properly...Thanks guys!

Attachments

• WC.JPG
    WC.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 115
Yep, I'd also look up antifreeze (to slowoxidation and corrosion i think) and/or some safe additives too (like provodine iodine to slow algae growth)

I do have clamps and zip ties - I just didn't put them on so I could take the picture :) One question- how the heck do I fill or bleed or whatever its called?

OK guys... went to walmart and got my liquids.... now what kinda ratio do I need to mix with these guys?

Attachments

• liquids.JPG
    liquids.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 108
just finished setting everything up... right now its idling at 30C...I'm using a distilled water/antifreeze/iodine mixture... After all these years, I've finally done it!! I just can't seem to get the little air pocket out of my fillport... I have a 140mm Aero Cool fan on the radiator with a 120mm to make it fit... would I be better off using my 120mm Antec Smart Cool fan? Right now, I see one *tiny* leak.... On the in-port of my radiator.. just a very slow forming drop (about a drop every 5 minutes).. might have to re-wire tie it or get a wire clamp...I know its not the prettiest setup in the world, but hey- it works :)

Attachments

• DSCF2557.JPG
    DSCF2557.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 110
You need to get clamps for the rad. At least with my current one, it is one of the "loosest" connections in my loop.

I like the way your coolant looks like beer. Its too funny. Almost a Beer with a perfect head in your res!

yea I can't tell it the leak is from the tubing going into the radiator or if the leak is from the barb on the radiator... any thoughts?

Get some metal worm driven clamps to use instead of those ties. That should stop the leaks. Why is your water that color? I use a 10% antifreeze / 90% distilled water with a few drops of iodine. I can't tell what the bottle on the very right in your pic is. I'm guessing that it and/or that you used too much iodine is what is making it that color.

I agree - metal clamps! But your leak could be from the barb if it wasn't tightened enough - the metal clamp will tell you.

Personally, I wouldn't be running the computer until all that air is gone from your loop. Try temporarily raising the fillport so it's T is slightly above the pump inlet, that should help. A spacer under the T or a long wire from the T to a brace above it should work, since it's only temporary ...

Back