• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ad's EVERYWHERE...how to turn off Adobe Flash?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

Hey guys,

I found a prog called flash off, that (apparently) worked for Macromedia Flash. It does not work for Adobe Flash V9 though.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-Design/Flash/Flash-Off.shtml

When I go to ebay's site and see the dancing mortgage pushers, it drives me nuts. There a few too many sites that have invasive, and annoying ads. Rather than uninstalling flash, there has to be a way to disable it for good, even when I close, and reopen the browser, or reboot.

The right clicking, and un-selecting "play all content" only actually listens to me a small portion of the time, and always go back to the default when the browser's process is terminated...when it works at all.

redwraith94 said:
Hey guys,

I found a prog called flash off, that (apparently) worked for Macromedia Flash. It does not work for Adobe Flash V9 though.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-Design/Flash/Flash-Off.shtml

When I go to ebay's site and see the dancing mortgage pushers, it drives me nuts. There a few too many sites that have invasive, and annoying ads. Rather than uninstalling flash, there has to be a way to disable it for good, even when I close, and reopen the browser, or reboot.

The right clicking, and un-selecting "play all content" only actually listens to me a small portion of the time, and always go back to the default when the browser's process is terminated...when it works at all.

Did you check the program itself to turn it off? MSconfig should list what runs at startup. Uncheck it and reboot. Task manager will show it. Is it in your "Startup" list?

Thanks redduc, but it doesn't work. It says it works with Macromedia Flash, but Adobe Flash adds still work with it set to off. I know Adobe bought Flash, but I guess they changed too much between revisions.

It is an Activex control, maybe there is a way to use a command line script, or something via regsvr32? Long shot maybe, but IDK much about programming yet.

Back