• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

algen in my installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hey guys,

i have my watercooling setup for 5 months i think now.

when i put it togheter i used innovatek pro protect for protection and it said i could add normal tap water. i did and over time i also added some denatured water from our science lab. but now i see that my res has some green stuff sitting behind it. what should i do?

Drain, flush, refill with distilled water, couple teaspoons of Provodine Iodine, and some anticorrosive.

Never use tap water.

Rip the system apart and clean it all out. Never use tap water. The minerals are bad on parts and stuff grows in it bad. Stick to distilled.

but the addive i bought said i could use tap water...that really sucks

good thing i have to unplug it anyway because i want to really build it in(now its just on the top of my case.

btw what should i use for coolant? because i dont have a clue now..

ait,

what im gonna do now is stop with watercooling..gonna put my vanessa-s type back on my proc.

thanks anyway :D

btw any estimate on what i could receive for my parts:

Black Ice Extreme 2 1/2" push on fittings
Laing D4 pump
Asetek antartica 1/2" push on fittings
Danger Den Dual 5 1/2" Bay Reservoir

Drinkyoghurt said:
ait,

what im gonna do now is stop with watercooling..gonna put my vanessa-s type back on my proc.

thanks anyway :D

btw any estimate on what i could receive for my parts:

Black Ice Extreme 2 1/2" push on fittings
Laing D4 pump
Asetek antartica 1/2" push on fittings
Danger Den Dual 5 1/2" Bay Reservoir

why are you quitting? i guess you could do with a new block.

but for the coolent, just use 90% distilled 10%anti-freeze and a few drops of providone iodine, those coolent that you can buy is a complete waste of 20 bucks.

im quitting because its too much maintenence..it was fun for a one timer but all them leaks and stuff and its kinda big for my miditower...maybe if ill get a big tower ill start it up again.

and i just e-mailed the store hoping i can get my money back for the wasted stuff

Back