• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluesmap

Registered
when i first turn on the pc, i first turn on the psu on switch.
then i power on the pc buy pushing the start button.

problem is....this usually doesnt work. everything seems to be fine but the windoews boot screen does not show up. not even the quick logo screen.

i usually have to press the power button in for 5 seconds until pc shuts off. and then when i press start again...only then does my system boot up normal. and everything is perfect after that.

why do i need to start it twice before it boots perfectly?
i have no clue why that could be

List your system specs in its' entirety, including the OS you're running. If you haven't already done so, try either resetting CMOS or selecting the "Load Failsafe Defaults" / "Load Optimized Defaults" option in the BIOS. Hit F10 and Save, re-enter the BIOS and only change those BIOS settings that are absolutely necessary for your system to POST and load Windows.

resetting bios would i have to install windows again?
im assuming no, but i would liketo be sure.

will resetting bios just set my bios to default settings?
thanks

no you won't need to reinstall your OS. and as long as your drives etc can be auto detected by the bios successfully it should boot troublefree..

Back