• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G5 freezes Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Hi everyone,

Just got a new G5 for Christmas, and I installed the drivers, but when I try plugging it into this computer (laptop with touchpad and stub mouse) the entire system freezes up. I can't get to Task Manager, nothing.

Any ideas?

Note: Windows XP Pro

did you install cd drivers or use plug n play?
If you installed the CD try uninstalling and just plugin it in and using plug n play drivers, i have had nothing but trouble with drivers supplied on the CDs

try without drivers from logitech and see if it freezes

o and make sure it has firmware 1.1 on it go to logitech.com and download the firmware upgrade to make sure its 1.1 or w/e lastest is and also try the drivers from logitech and not cd

Well I disabled the Touchpad and Trackpoint mice...that helped a ton. I tried plugging in the G5 after that, and it didn't freeze, but it wasn't detected. Very frustrating. Hopefully it'll work with my rig back home (in sig)

Back