• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5WDH OnBoard Wi-Fi keeps dropping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Awake77

The Wi-Fi on my my ASUS P5W-DH keeps going out periodically. It doesnt seem like interference - but I do notice it happens whenever ive got a lot of stuff uploading/downloading. If I reboot the machine it will come back up fine, but it it'll go out again if I leave it running long enough. If I try to access the wi-fi card after it shuts down, it will crash Device Manager.

I'm concerned it could be overheating - the little wi-fi card is directly under the Thermalright HR-03 that's cooling my X1900XT.

Anyone else every had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Awake77

I have no problems with mine, works as good as any other wireless setup I've used. Make sure you have installed the latest drivers from ASUS. I think you may be on to something with the overheating caused by your video card. Do you have airflow from a case fan into that area ? If not you should try improving the airflow and see if the lockups stop.

I disconnected mine and plugged a USB header into the free connections. I needed the 2 USB connections more than the wireless. Works great.

Back