• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moved from AMD - Have Questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I just set up my first Intel system (see sig). I have the 6400 at 3.2 right now but am having problems getting dual prime stable. Vcore is 1.4 and the ram voltage is at 2.15. Where can I find a guide that tells me what all the bios options do and what to set them at? Or can someone post their stable bios settings for a 6400 and P5B deluxe?

Thanks

Are you working with small or large FFT's? If small FFTs then increase Vcore a notch or two, if Large FFTs then Vdimm or Vfsb could come into play.

Are you are at 400 FSB? Is your ram 1:1 or on a divider? What kind of voltage are you giving the FSB?

S_Wilson said:
Are you working with small or large FFT's? If small FFTs then increase Vcore a notch or two, if Large FFTs then Vdimm or Vfsb could come into play.

Are you are at 400 FSB? Is your ram 1:1 or on a divider? What kind of voltage are you giving the FSB?
It was failing with both Blended and small FFT's. I have not tried Large FFT's. I am at 400 FSB according to CPUZ. Not sure if I used a divider or not. Will check in a few minutes. **EDIT** Large FFT's failed within a minute on both cores.

Is the FSB voltage called "FSB Termination Voltage" in the bios. If so it is set to auto. What should it be.

What should the following be set at in the Bios?
PCI Express Frequency
Spread Spectrum
NB Vcore
SB Vcore
ICH Chipset voltage

Thanks for the help!!!

orion25 said:
It was failing with both Blended and small FFT's. I have not tried Large FFT's. I am at 400 FSB according to CPUZ. Not sure if I used a divider or not. Will check in a few minutes. **EDIT** Large FFT's failed within a minute on both cores.

Find out if your memory is on a divider, also what timings you are using.

orion25 said:
Is the FSB voltage called "FSB Termination Voltage" in the bios. If so it is set to auto. What should it be.

Sorry, that should have been "NB Voltage". "FSB Term Voltage" should not be necessary at your FSB.

orion25 said:
What should the following be set at in the Bios?
PCI Express Frequency
Spread Spectrum
NB Vcore
SB Vcore
ICH Chipset voltage

PCI Express Frequency....100 or 101
Spread Spectrum.............Disabled
NB Vcore.........................1.45V ??
SB Vcore..........................Auto (for now, should need nothing for 400FSB)
ICH Chipset voltage...........Auto (for now, same as above)

EDIT: Also set PCI to 33.33

Will do in a few minutes. I am going to go back to default settings and start over after I upgrade to the 0804 BIOS.............

orion25 said:
Will do in a few minutes. I am going to go back to default settings and start over after I upgrade to the 0804 BIOS.............

Yea, a good bios is helpful. :) Didn't even think to ask which you were using.

S_Wilson said:
Yea, a good bios is helpful. :) Didn't even think to ask which you were using.

Was 0614............ More results a little later. Need to make another drink :beer:

OK, got 3.2 stable for 6+ minutes using small FFT's. But TAT is showing temps of 62c on each core (1.5 vcore). I am going to lower the vcore in a few minutes (after I give Large FFT's and/or blend a try..............

orion25 said:
OK, got 3.2 stable for 6+ minutes using small FFT's. But TAT is showing temps of 62c on each core (1.5 vcore). I am going to lower the vcore in a few minutes (after I give Large FFT's and/or blend a try..............

Temps are good for that Vcore but you should not need that much for 3.2.

Stable for 50 min on Large FFT's. Still at 62c. Going to bump the FSB some in a few Min. What is the "limit" when it comes to C2D Temps?? 62 sounds high to me and I am most likely going to re-seat the Tuniq soon. It has been lapped using an ezpckits and has AS ceramiq on it............ May also lap the IHS if I determine it to be warped but it will have to wait until next week.

You are deserving of the greatest thanks I can give!!! I am at 3.6 now and dual prime stable for 3+ minutes. Temps actually went down (about 55c). Still on 1.5 vcore. Now I am going to try for 4.0 and if that does not work try lowering the Vcore and making the RAM timings tighter.

I truly appreciate all your help (al well as Roco's PM help). You both are assets to these forums!

Back