• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help/advice plse - boot up problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RavenCT

Registered
As per below u can see my current system.

For some or other reason when I install Alcohol120% or Daemon Tools, I have issues booting up. My pc boots up till where it show Window XP loading. Then nothing.........the screen stays black but the pc seems to still be running. Every time I need to do a system restore to get it to boot up correctly.

It sometimes also happen without installing any new programs, just out of the blue. It worked fine for a week. Shut it down last nite and when I bootupthe next day....WALLA!! Nothing. It is really frustrating.

Reading about the DQ6 issues, can it be the bios or more likely my ram??

Any comments or suggestions would be great.

many thx

First did you update the bios. F8 just came out, it solved a host of problems and allowed me to push my FSB up by 10. Who makes you PSU?

Im not sure if the DQ6 ever suffered from the Micron Issue. All of the talk about this problem had been centered around the DS3 and DS4. However Bios F8 fixed this on DS3 and DS4, so the new BIOS would have fixed that too.

BIOS F8 also fixed some issues with the X-Fi and other device issues. I have found it to be VERY stable, and seemed to fix ALLOT of my problems.

I would start there... Then if that doesnt work we have to look into other elements. Your sig says 2.4 Ghz, is that correct or is it 3.4?

Mike

Thx for response.

I have not updated my bios and will do so today. I went onto Gigabytes site yesterday to c but did not c the F8 update??

I have a 750W Aopen PSU now. Replaced the 500W.

My CPU speed is stock standard. Did have it running at 3Mhz but to many issues like the boot-up problem, so I left it stock. As soon as my boot-up problem is resolved then I will definitely OC again.

Just a question regarding memory, what will be the BEST memory for my set-up. I play a lot of online games and want the best in performance and gfx.

Once again thx.

Back