• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature Sensor Problem on P5B-Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anwar1337

Right now, asus prove 2 is showing my cpu @ 60*c but when I touch the Heatsink its not warm @ all... right now the e6300 is at 330 x 7 with stock voltage.. Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Well, I dont know what a TIM is, but if you're talking about thermal compound I put on Arctic Silver 5, I applied an even layer all throughout the CPU and it wasnt a thick layer at all. Right now my vcore is 1.3v in bios and under full load cpu-z is reporting 1.248v. I dont know why its undervolting, my 12V rail is @ 12.04v and the 5V rail is @ 5.2v. Anyway, my overclock as of right now is 7x350=2.45ghz. I don't really know if it always reported high since i got the motherboard yesterday.

Probe does not read the temp correctly. Use TAT for accurate temp readings. Be sure that the block is properly mounted. I would also check to be sure that the cpu is flat. In my case it was not so I sanded it down. Made a 10C difference in my cooling.

TIM=Thermal Interface Material

What are the readings in the bios, and what bios are you using?

Also, what are your temps @ stock?

Last edited:
I'm using the default bios that comes with the newest board i guess. I didnt flash it, so you think that could be the problem? Because in the old days with my thunderbird when it would hit 50*C i would touch the heatsink and it would actually burn if i held it there for 5-10 seconds.

Anyone know of any good BIOS'es to update to that tell me the correct temp? Because tHIS PROCESSOR IS AMAZING. Its like it just wont stop overclocking LOL :D I love it.

Right now im @ 400 x 7 @ 1.2v stable with 2 orthos running :D.

AiSuite is reporting the same temp, along with the bios.

Please excuse my extreme happiness, I've never had an Intel CPU or a CPU that overclocked so well. ;]

Last edited:
IDK if this helps, but the bios release date is 9/5/2006 and the version is 0614. Should I update it?

Its very wierd, the second I hit STOP on orthos asus probe's temp drops literally in a second from 63 to 52... questionmarkface.

It's just so wierd how the second I start orthos the temps rise from 47 to 55 then go up slowly to 63-64*C and then the second i hit stop they drop to 55-56*C... Could it be possible that ASUS looks @ the load of the CPU and the temperature it was already at and calculates the temperature through some formula or you think my cpu really is hitting 64*C?

Have you try UVOC or UnderVoltageOC ? Its the method to find the lowest voltage for your CPU on your mobo just to see how low could it go ?

This will be a good method to see how low the cpu temperature could go with your current cooling setup, and the most important is to see whether your temp probe is making any sense ! Check other thread here.

Back