• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV reactive for water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trenchdog73

Registered
Is there any thing that I can put in my water to make it uv reactive that doesnt run the risk of seperating or clogging on my blocks?

I've seen just about everything separate, i say just live with the boring clear and not have to deal with it, if you must, i would get some uv reactive tubing.

but then again there could be something that wont separate over time.

I've used UV die sold for WCing and I used highlighter, the latter so far worked best for me. But, now I am getting UV tubing in my next sys... and I dont even have UV lighting. The cloudy tubes I can no longer stand for... the first 3 months of kick *** color is not worth the rest of the year with ickyness. imo

I suggest 'search'ing the forums. There are many, many, threads discussing this.

yeah, finished my rig and I have all blue leds in my case and the way it catches the the water it looks like it glows a slight green from the antifreeze. Its not over whelming but it still looks kool just suprised you can see it sense there isnt that much of the antifreeze in there. So long story short, I guess the uv additives are no longer a concern.

I was under the impression that FluidXP has a good track record of not breaking up, as well as looking good. Maybe I am wrong?

I've had highlighter fluid in my system for must be close to 3 years now.... the same fluid, never been changed and its just fine, never separated. And it doesn't take much either, about 3-4 drops did mine and its bright as heck with the CC on and the tubes are still perfectly clear. My "water" isa mix of Prestone antifreeze and distilled water, in a roughly 1:4 ratio plus the couple drops of highlighter fluid.

I dont get the whole highlighter thing. Do you take apart a regular old highlighter and just squeeze a few drops in? Just pick out the highlighter color you want and put some drops in? It cant be that simple!

TheSonOfX51 said:
I dont get the whole highlighter thing. Do you take apart a regular old highlighter and just squeeze a few drops in? Just pick out the highlighter color you want and put some drops in? It cant be that simple!

I just took a syringe and sucked out a couple drops from the foam inside the highlighter then squirted it in my water. You can squeeze it out if you want, if you don't mind bright yellow fingers for a couple days :p

Last edited:
yeah I did that a few years back to put into a bicardi bottle filled with water for some black light decorations lol yellow pink green look the best, blue looks ok but purple not so great.

I used a Yellow Sharpie highlighter. Seems to be the brightest. Still looks green under UV. Been doing this for about 3 years. No problems..

Back