• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good deal to get windows vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That type of offer is available from lots of places, and I believe it will be around until Vista is pretty right along with XP.

Is it a good deal? That is up to you. If you can upgrade to the version of Vista you want then I suppose it is. I would look at any limitations though, as in how quickly you need to upgrade. I personally wouldn't want to go right to Vista as soon as it comes out on my main machine anyway.

ErikD said:
I personally wouldn't want to go right to Vista as soon as it comes out on my main machine anyway.

i won't use vista until a service pack has come out for it because they try to release them so fast that the are full of security holes and bugs etc...

Well Vista has had so many delays I kind of doubt that will be a major issue. I would be more concerned about getting all of the right drivers, and making sure that all applications I use will work with it. That will take time as all of the other vendors will need to play catch up, and most likely are just going to be introducing new Vista versions o applications that aren't compatible.

Back