• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to Use and Why

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrostyAMD

I'm setting up a new loop and need advice on how to use parts that I have availaible and maybe tell me why you would use. Firstoff I'll only be cooling a opteron either 165/170 CCBBE 0610 DPMW (whichever chip I can get to 3ghz (hopefully)) with lids on. later I'll probably add a 7900Gt. Going to put it all in a stacker st01.
Okay parts I have are
Swiftech 220 RAD
BLack Ice Pro III
MCP 350 W/Petra Top
MCP 650
MCP 655
Storm Rev2
Apogee
CoolerMaster Fans from Stacker Supposedly 42.9 CFM
ThermalTake Blue LED supposedly 73CFM
Masterclear 7/16 tubing
So now tell me what you would use to ensure maximum cooling efficiency and why.
Thanks in Advance for your replies and help

Black Ice Pro III
MCP 350 W/Petra Top
Storm Rev2
any fans, whatever sound level you want
Masterclear 7/16 tubing

next time read the stickies before posting, they provide a lot of information and member feedback on this type of question.

If you are running them with the IHS on, it makes no difference what CPU block you use. Without the IHS, the Storm is the way to go.

Both rads are good and will work well. For only a CPU, you can use the MCR220 with two fans undervolted and it will work fine. The MCP350 and top is a great combination and it very quiet.

Back