• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 bios "F9"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Anyone have anything to report on the "F9" bios for DS3 ?

Has anyone's overclock improved ?

I've got some folding and i don't want to pull them from active duty to flash and test if there's nothing to be gained.

Thanks.

cuda340 said:
Anyone have anything to report on the "F9" bios for DS3 ?

Has anyone's overclock improved ?

I've got some folding and i don't want to pull them from active duty to flash and test if there's nothing to be gained.

Thanks.

I haven't tried it yet -- I'm actually still on F7. However, according to the website, it's just a CPUID update. So I doubt any real overclock changes.

Shane

I wish they would enabled a RAM FSB ratio of 1.5 or 1.0 as opposed to the lowest 2.0. I could get so much more out of my e6300. :(

I just "upgraded" to the F10 bios from F7. It was bad. Now I'm back to F7. LOL... major booting problems for a week, from me at least.

BluScreen said:
I just "upgraded" to the F10 bios from F7. It was bad. Now I'm back to F7. LOL... major booting problems for a week, from me at least.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll avoid F10. :)

"F10" so far has been worth the bios flash.

My cooling limits any fsb gains ,but the board is now FAR less likely to hang on reboot from failed overclock. (That alone would is worth the flash.)

There's also a new setting: "High speed dram dll settings" with choices: "option 1 " or "option 2" I don't know what those options do ???? Anyone?

It seems they've set the "F10" bios to relax the ram speed timings more aswell. Auto @ 500 fsb now = 5-7-7-19

I wish i had better cooling, it "feels" like the board has more legs now. Ymmv.

I'll try another shortly.

cuda340 said:
"F10" so far has been worth the bios flash.

My cooling limits any fsb gains ,but the board is now FAR less likely to hang on reboot from failed overclock. (That alone would is worth the flash.)

There's also a new setting: "High speed dram dll settings" with choices: "option 1 " or "option 2" I don't know what those options do ???? Anyone?

It seems they've set the "F10" bios to relax the ram speed timings more aswell. Auto @ 500 fsb now = 5-7-7-19

I wish i had better cooling, it "feels" like the board has more legs now. Ymmv.

I'll try another shortly.

Thanks for the info, keeps us posted on how it goes, I may have to update to the F10s after all. :)

machdown said:
How do I flash my bios. I dont have a floppy drive but i do have a usb pen drive.?

Possible?

You can do it in windows. Just download the @BioS utility on the Gigabyte website and then use it to update to the latest BIOs. :)

Done 2 outta 3 now. No fsb gains realized.

Imo, unless your a tweaker and constantly changing your settings, there's no need flash to F10 over F9.

the board is now FAR less likely to hang on reboot from failed overclock. Still stands.

Back