• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with old DangerDen Socket A's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

purduephotog

Registered
I got out of the water cooling for my server mobo when I decided I just didn't want to deal with one more piece of acrylic that cracked and leaked. So now I have 2 copper danger den water blocks, a GPU block (dated now), and a northbridge setup (would be good for my A8N-SLI Prem).

Does anyone modify these old blocks with new holddowns for new systems? Should I sell them for scrap copper?

The radiator is just fine- and the pump can be reused- but I'll need to come up with some new hold down if I want to keep using them.

Suggestions most welcome.

DD sells the hold downs to use their old blocks. Contact them. I'd try by phone, they either don't read/answer e-mail, don't wanna answer the question I asked, or block the few million people on InsightBB.

If you don't want to retro-fit them on to another system I suggest selling them. Scrap Cu is only $2.03 per pound here in NC... so you would not get much $$. (in NC)

Kil4Thril said:
DD sells the hold downs to use their old blocks. Contact them. I'd try by phone, they either don't read/answer e-mail, don't wanna answer the question I asked, or block the few million people on InsightBB.

Cool. I'll have to give them a call then. They're not the advanced 'squirt' blocks but they'd work for 90% of the jobs I think :)

Generally all you have to change are the tops to adapt the blocks to different cpu sockets.

Not sure about their gfx card blocks though.

Socket A is very easy to build adapters for. My maze 4 is socket a but I have adapters for S939, AM2 and S775, which I built with about 20 mins worth of work. You need a piece of about 1/8" metal(an old PSU cover works well), a drill, and a nibler or dremel to make one.

Back