• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to have quick time output Dolby digital or DTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I finally got myself a nice 5.1 channel system with a dolby digital and DTS decoder in it to hook up to my computer and my game systems. I've run across a problem though, I can't get quicktime movies to output in surround. I did some googling and found out that quicktime movies use AAC and don't output dolby digital or DTS. I've been desperately trying to figure out a way to convert the AAC audio stream to Dolby digital or DTS in real time but so far have had no luck. I was thinking that maybe there was software that would allow me to do this, but I can't find any. Does anyone here know of a program or plug-in that will do this for me?

-maddog- said:
Try using VLC.

I've tried to use VLC, and in fact I've heard it could do this, but even with VLC it is still only outputting 2 channels via SPDIF. VLC is pretty advanced, so I'm assuming there is something I have to do to get it to work, but I couldn't figure it out :shrug:

AAC, that is MP4A, correct? I have FFDShow audio decoder, and I was able to re-sample AAC to AC3 in FFDShow, but whenever I open a .mov file it isn't using FFDShow at all. When I open up some of my anime movies FFDShow opens right up and re-samples to AC3 with no problem, but with .mov it does nothing.:confused:

Back