• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheaper striker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

Well I'm about to go to newegg and purchase a brand spankin new C2D system with a p5n32-e mobo when I decided to do a search for the striker extreme and come across this. I went to resellerratings.com and heard decent feedback about this retailer.

http://www.chumbo.com/info.aspx?id=379133&ptr=fg&srccode=cii_14110944&cpncode=08-19653402-2

My question is could this board be cheaper because it's an earlier revision? and is there anyway to figure out what revision your board is when you are purchasing it?? thanks guys

Many of the complaints look to be about item stock not showing up on the website correctly and the shipment being delayed. You can see numerous transactions that went fine for in-stock items. If the savings are significant I say call them to order and verify stock, otherwise go elsewhere.

there probably is only 1 revision, but i dont know much about revision numbers. I remember that my intel 865PREL was too early a rev. to insert a prescott so when i upgraded I had to put in another northwood. does anyone know a good resource to revision numbers. I guess id just like to know if there is anyway of knowing what revision ur getting when you make a purchase. Thanks for the help.

Back