• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joker54

Registered
Hey Guys, was told to come to this forum to get the best answers. Am building my first w/c system, and i'm using a koolance software based temp/fan controller board. Is it possible to get those wafer thin sensors under the cpu/northbride/gpu chips without moding or butchering the blocks? Or is there some other way to get good temp readings?:bang head

joker54 said:
Is it possible to get those wafer thin sensors under the cpu/northbride/gpu chips
Sure, just stick them between the CPU/NB/GPU and the blocks....and then you get to ask my favorite computer question...."Are flames supposed to shoot out of it like that?".

Seriously, about the best you can do is to put the sensors on the side of a chip. Be very cardfull not to interfear with the proper seating of the block(s) though.

I guess if you're very, very careful you could attach one to the side of the IHS. But as billb said, don't let it interfere with the HS mount.

billb said:
Sure, just stick them between the CPU/NB/GPU and the blocks....and then you get to ask my favorite computer question...."Are flames supposed to shoot out of it like that?".
ROFLMAO ...

that seems to be the general idea of everyone i talked to. So.....on the side of the IHS it is! thanks everyone!! you guys have been a great help. oh, and billb,...will let u know if any flames come out!! lol

Back