• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coming soon to a Ford vehicle near you--The BSOD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you imagine you've set it up to locate a certain address it guides you through turn left blah blah blah. Then suddenly that noise pop up when XP has come across an error or when you can't do a certain thing in a program. Then the BSOD pops and the whole car fails and stops.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Can you imagine you've set it up to locate a certain address it guides you through turn left blah blah blah. Then suddenly that noise pop up when XP has come across an error or when you can't do a certain thing in a program. Then the BSOD pops and the whole car fails and stops.

My thoughts entirely. Bing. BSD. Your automobile it shutting down due to an unexpected error: Gas pedal pressure >0. Please re-install the engine and restart.

maelstromracing said:
My thoughts entirely. Bing. BSD. Your automobile it shutting down due to an unexpected error: Gas pedal pressure >0. Please re-install the engine and restart.

LoL, Imagine the people sueing MS for "Death by Error". MS better have something better then wondows on the cars.

deadlysyn said:
Windows has detected a hardware change in your vehicle. You must call to reactivate within 3 days. WTF all I did was change the stereo??!!??!!

Or the CD...

This had me laughing thinking about it it starts out with Vista Mobile or something then they create an official Ford Special op system and this is there promotion.

"Your car is only a 2 star for saftey & performance have you thought about upgrading to Windows Ford-Sta"

sad I know but that's what it will be doing if this all takes flight.

Last edited:
You're coming down a mountain & need to downshift to keep your speed under control..."Windows has detected a problem in the Transmission Control Program and needs to close..."
Trans shifts to neutral & the only way to get it working again is to stop, shut off the engine, wait 2 min. then restart the engine with your foot on the brake, steering at full left & flash the hi-beam headlights repeatedly :shrug:
-Dave

I seriously doubt this would replace the dedicated EFI CPU, and things like the Airbag deployment system. This would be an isolated "Add-On" type system, and the root operations of the car would still be handled by dedicated non-Windows units (just like a modern EFI CPU)....

Someone mentions Windows, and everyone has to immediately assume the worst :rolleyes: Glass half empty for you guys, huh?

:cool:

Randyman... said:
Someone mentions Windows, and everyone has to immediately assume the worst :rolleyes: Glass half empty for you guys, huh?

:cool:

and i'd never fill it above that level :santa2:

but baltoos with that van hool in his ava said it right. you'd be like that guy next to me in an automatic rig, he puts it on manual shift and it still shifts for him :) meanwhile i'm cruisin down the 3 sisters in 4th gear in my nice manual rig :)

So now people will not only have to worry about car jackers but now we have worry about Car Hackers too...:D

AngelfireUk83 said:

Windows will have NOTHING to do with running the car. Car computers are very very different to the normal PC, running in the order of 20Mhz. The in car computers that run windows are for entertainment and comfort only.

that said i have been waiting for this to finally happen. Finally i can program some engine monitoring (not running) programs to hook into the ECU. its gonna be sik.

Randyman... said:
I seriously doubt this would replace the dedicated EFI CPU, and things like the Airbag deployment system. This would be an isolated "Add-On" type system, and the root operations of the car would still be handled by dedicated non-Windows units (just like a modern EFI CPU)....
I don't know what the certification requirements are for cars...but I would imagine there's nothing stopping them from combining to single computers.

Two points:
1) It saves time.
2) A professional (like myself) is pleasantly surprised when things work and expects failure. That way, he is mentally prepared to take appropriate actions.

maelstromracing said:
no you just need to close all your windows and re open them, car should work again for a while :)

Back