• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best single vid card c2d motherboard ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

im thinking about ditching my sli setup and getting rid of this evga sli board .. what is the best single video card board for my e6400 ??

i think its just overkill .. plus i really dont like the 680i chipset .. hds disappearing .. have to reboot mutiple times to get it to detect it ... i dunno
plus also temps on the 2nd video card hit like 80s .. even tho a fan is blowing acorss them .. top one idles at 51c .. loads upper 60s .. bottom one idles 63c .. loads 81 or so .. just dont like it ..

plus i only play wow sometimes and cs source .. not very demanding .. even at a very high res

how is the intel badaxe 2 ?

Last edited:
No true "best" motherboard. They all have their pros and cons. If you aren't planning on running Crossfire, then the Asus P5B Deluxe is an excellent choice.

you're running SLI, temps are going to be high unless you're on water.

there's no perfect board, a defect free 680i is as good as it gets if you ask me.....*touchwood* zero probs with mine

madhatR said:
how is the intel badaxe 2 ?

The BadAxe2 is a very good board, but it won't break any high front side bus speed records, but if your looking for a single vid card 975X chipset board the BA2 is good for about 400-425 front side bus with very good memory voltage settings...

yeah right now im only running like 8x436 i think .. or something like that

Asus P5W-DH and Abit AW9D's both outperform the badaxe2 generaly speaking.

otherwise the top 965P board is the Asus P5B-Deluxe.

but looking shortly down the road at c2q .. i heard nothing beats the badaxe 2 for quad

I heard the P5B-Deluxe has more C2Q FSB for overclocking.. huh
From eva (who has a C2Q)

yea the badaxe 2 looks nice but fsb tops out at 433mhz... lots of ram and cpu voltage options in the .0125 steps.

i keep looking at cost of p5b-dlx vs ab9-pro and just find the ab9-pro a better deal.

Back