• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3 + Socket Pins ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joaoalmeida

Hey there!

I bought a 965P-DS3 motherboard off eBay some time ago (1 or 2 months I guess).. It arrived, well packaged and stuff and I wasn't even smart enough to double check all details..

So yes, I assumed everything was fine..

Most recently I got the money to buy myself a good system :

LC-Power 700W Hyperion
Core 2 Duo E6600
Teamgroup Xtreem PC2-6400 4-4-4-10 1Gb (2x512Mb Dual Channel)
Sapphire X1950 Pro 256 Mb PCI-E
Seagate 160 Gb SATAII

Got everything up and yada yada, and was waiting for the RAM which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.. However I decided to revise all components to see if everything was carefully setup.
My bad, when I removed the core2duo, I saw two damaged socket pins
Image (Poor quality, me and my webcam) :

I was in panic.. I contacted Gigabyte Techincal Support (Are they any good / Helpful?) and tried to contact the eBay seller, because I'm almost positive the item was damaged when he sent it to me!!

Can anyone give me evidences on what will happen next? If gigabyte are helpful in this kind of situations? I just hope I'm not forced to buy a new motherboard, I can't really afford it now.. Damn, 2007 barely started and it's being great already..

Thanks guys.

You might get away with it, but im not sure. I would test it first see if it boots up, if not then im afraid you,ll have to junk the board and buy a new one. Report the seller to ebay for damaged goods.

INFO

It is a little hard to understand this. Did you actually have your core 2 duo installed in the motherboard and you took it out and saw this?

Have you ever powered it up with your cpu in the board?

We need a better picture of the bent pins. If they are as bad as I think from the pic, I would not put my cpu in that motherboard.

Back