• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drace

Question: I have a 3.0 pentium d 930 proc. Currently i have an ni8 sli motherboard which isnt ocing very well for me atm. So i am resorting to a new motherboard. My question is which motherboard would be better? (I also plan to upgrade to the new core 2 duo proc. down the road. Between the ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard or the ABIT AW9D-MAX Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard . Or is there a better choice? Thanks in adnvance for the help.

Can't get much better than those two mobos, although they tend to be a little limited with FSB. If you are wanting 450+ FSB, then there are other options. The E6600 works perfect with both of the listed mobo. I have the Abit AW9D-Max and have been pretty happy with it.

WAY more then enough FSB for your 930D ;)

Only consern is that you stick with a Conroe if you deside to upgrade chips (E6600 or Xeon 3060+)

Both of the motherboards you listed are top entuhisit desktop mobos :thup:

Back