• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DQ6 onboard sound vs X-fi sound card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RavenCT

Registered
Happy new year to u all.....

My DQ6 has very nice onboard sound, will I really notice a diff in sound quality should I get the Creative X-fi platinum sound card?

I believe you will notice a HUGE difference. Especially with those nice speakers you have. I'd definitely recommend it!

Though, unless you need the remote or something else that comes with that front panel, I'd skip the platinum version and just get the extreme music version

Hi...

U r right. There is a huge diff. I playbf2142 and in-game I could set sound to X-Fi. What a nice surprise!!! 100% better. I have the Razer Barracuda 7.1 Headphones, amazing sound.

I ended up getting the Fatality Pro version. Every cent spend worth!!

Thx for u respons.

Happy 2007

Congrats! :) Yeah, the X-Fi's have GREAT 3D sound for headphones. With that Fataility Pro version, in BF2142, you can set the sound to "ultra" and it'll use the XRam on the card for a little added performance (giving you a few more FPS because it offloads the CPU from any sound stuff) I reckon it'll sound a bit better too. :)

Back