• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

excel saves as web page by default

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmfdm515

Hi,

All of the sudden this started happening when I open an XLS file from Outlook and then choose 'save as'. I checked excel tools->options->transition and it is set to save as a workbook...but it still defaults to saving as a web page when I open from Outlook. Doubly frustrating because it also clears the file name when saving this way.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Although not a specific solution to your particular problem, the only thing I can think of trying is running the Detect and Repair function (Help --> Detect and Repair). Select "Restore my shortcuts while repairing", and also the "Discard my customized settings and restore default settings" checkboxes. If a Close Office Programs dialog box opens and displays the following message (where program is any Office program that is currently running) "In order to correctly pick up or restore your settings, the following programs must be closed:" Microsoft program, then just click Ignore.

Last edited:
Back