• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista FAQ- What a joke!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

It says in the first answer paragraph over here (What is Windows Vista?) that:
Faster start-up time and low power consumption of the new sleep state. In many cases, Windows Vista is noticeably more responsive than Windows XP on identical hardware.
And this:
Will Windows Vista work with my current programs?

Vista will run the majority of applications written for Windows XP with the exception of security software and utilities.
and:
• Windows Vista simplifies and centralizes desktop configuration management, reducing the cost of keeping systems updated
And last but not least:
3. Is Windows Vista more secure than Windows XP?

Yes, Windows Vista contains a number of new security features and technologies that, taken together, are designed to make computers running Windows Vista more secure and make online experiences safer.

Wow... what a bunch of marketing crap... I couldn't help but laugh at the first answer paragraph.. they claim Vista is more responsive than XP on identical systems... thats a good laugh for the day lol....

Last I checked Vista and XP were pretty much identical in most tasks. With a few exceptions of course. Gaming etc is faster on XP hands down.

Some of those answers are borderline lying imo...

That silly goose billy G!

He's such a jokester.

rofl at the reducing cost of keeping systems updated! I thought it was free?

I'm going have to stay with Vista as XP won't install on my system anymore :shrug:

I have to use M$ because of some college app requirements.

I'm not looking forward to spending $400 in a month for a slightly raw OS. I hope SP1 doesn't take as long as XPsp2 did LOL.

I hear that the RTM is much better than the last RC2.

It seems my best Vista installation was when I upgraded RC1 to RC2. The fresh RC2 5744 installation suxors :mad:

Well, my opinions differ. I really like vista, alot. here's why...

Faster bootup/logon times: Yes, they actually load the gui first, then start all the services. Thus, faster!

Better security than xp: Yes, the new User Account Control is pretty slick, this should dramatically reduce the spyware/malware crap. I like it.

The GUI, is just.... SWEEET as hell., perfect.

Well I got it all working again. I got XP back again and it's like coming home from a long vacation. It was fun for awhile but it's nice being back in your own bed.

I'll install Vista again as the latest installation giving me troubles might have been because of the same issues I was having with XP not installing.

Back