• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metal fittings on Storm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmHelp

I am looking for Metal fittings for my storm and I was wondering if anyone has tried the Danger den high flow fittings.

G ¼, or BSPP, fittings will fit, but may not seal; each must be checked prior to assuming that it will not leak just because they fit together.

Both NPSM and G ¼ (BSPP) are parallel thread and nominally the same size, the principal difference being 18 threads per inch for NPSM and 19 threads per inch for G ¼ (BSPP). Since most male end G ¼ fittings have a short thread length they can generally be engaged in the NPSM threads without difficulty.

The joint seal is effected with an o-ring which for the NPSM barb is in a groove on the waterblock top and compressed by the flange nut barb.
G ¼ fittings have the o-ring captured in a groove under the fitting nut.

G ¼ fittings will seal so long as there is a straight portion under the nut flats sufficient to bring the G ¼ fitting’s o-ring into contact with the bottom of the o-ring groove, a depth of 0.080”.
http://swiftnets.com/products/STORM.asp#fittings

I think if I load the threads up with teflon tape it should be fine, but I want to just make sure.

Also anyone know where I can find metal fittings for my Thermochill?

You might want to try the ek high flow barbs for the storm over at petras, but otherwise I think those dd barbs will also work.

they are really nice. It has the initial ridge like the dangerden ones then two smaller ridges to help stop water after a clamp has been put over them.

I just ordered 6 of them.

8 dollars to ship 2 of these is kinda pricey.

I was gonna order a Silverstone SST-TJ06B at performance-pcs and they sell the Danger Den fittings as well as the case. Unless anyone knows where I can get the case cheaper than $115.

Back