• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JRE 1.5 installation problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

When I attempt to install the java runtime environment it says

"error 1327 invalid drive F:"

the help guide on java website says to download the offline installer but the same error still occurs.

thnx in advance

RIPSTER

This same error occurred when I tried installing Diskeeper, I googled the error and found the following link I followed all the instructions and still the error happens.

neone know anything about this?

Can anyone help with this, its becoming realy frustrating. Quite a few programmes require JRE e.g. Azuerus, and I just cant run them.

Have you already tried doing a "Find" in the registry for any entries related to the drive letter F:\? If not then make sure all of the HKEY branches are collapsed, and "My Computer" highlighted before performing the "Find". You should only need to do a search of the "Data" entries, so uncheck "Keys" and "Values" in the Find dialog.

I searched the registry like you said and it came up with the following values

The only obvious keys that are associated with F:\ are My Music and My Pictures I dont see how the rest are linked with the "ghost" drive, There are quite a few user accounts on this PC, how can I determine which account these values belong to and how will changing their target drive affect the account.

thnx

Are the actual paths to the My Pictures and My Music folders...

F:\My Documents\My Music and F:\My Documents\My Pictures? And I'm assuming the key you have expanded in the pic is...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Explorer | Shell Folders

Glad you got it figured out, personally I have only one Java app that I like (qnext) but wont install it anymore just because Java apps are slower then C++ apps. Plus I should not need to install another program to get one program to run (a la .NET for CCC and all those programs that online gamers need to install for anti-cheat or whatever)
But thats just a personal thing, Java is great for cross platform compatability reasons.

Back