• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B or Bad Axe for 6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RipD

Going to building a new rig around a 6600 processor. Nothing else is set yet. I'll be doing minimal gaming and some overclocking but not too extreme. Reliability is going to be key for me. I need decent RAID support, will use a a modest video card, and decent ram.

It looks like either a P5B-D or an Intel Bad Axe will meet my needs. Any reason not to get the Bad Axe? The P5B seems like a great board, but I'm leaning away from it partially because I still feel burned by Asus on my old P4P800.

RipD said:
Going to building a new rig around a 6600 processor. Nothing else is set yet. I'll be doing minimal gaming and some overclocking but not too extreme. Reliability is going to be key for me. I need decent RAID support, will use a a modest video card, and decent ram.

It looks like either a P5B-D or an Intel Bad Axe will meet my needs. Any reason not to get the Bad Axe? The P5B seems like a great board, but I'm leaning away from it partially because I still feel burned by Asus on my old P4P800.

I just ordered the P5B DELUXE to replace my out going EVGA 680i that is going back to NewEgg,from all I read on this subject,it seemed this was the board to have..

Back