• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 loops - where would be wise to have the NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

im building a pretty uber watercooling rig at the moment.

its based around a Silverstone TJ-07

the following components will be cooled:

loop one:
DDC plexi top
2 x 8800GTX waterblocks
1 x TDX cooling a quad core intel
triple PA 120.3 radiator
1/2" tubing

loop 2:
DDC plexi top
4x ( yes 4 ) OCZ flex memory modules
double PA120.2 radiator
6mm ID ( 1/4") tubing

now also to be cooled will be the 680i chipset, cooled with a danger den maze4 chipset block,
up until now i've been planning on putting it in loop 2 with the RAM, i though the heat dump from the 680i would be too much for the first loop. but then the restrictive 6mm tubing may not cool the 680i sufficiently

where would you guys put it, and an explanation of why you think it should go there.

cheers fellas
Rick

First of all, there's going to be A LOT of heat flowing through your first loop, make sure you have some very nice fans on that PA to maintain the temps you want. The 680i chipset should be fine on 1/4" tubing, it won't give you stellar temps, but it should still be better than any stock cooler. I assume you're going to use a reducer on the pump fittings to bring it down to 1/4"? If so don't bother with a plexi-top, the point of the top is to increase the fitting size, and therefore the flow, so increasing and then decreasing it won't do you any good, it's just a waste of money.

natewildes said:
First of all, there's going to be A LOT of heat flowing through your first loop, make sure you have some very nice fans on that PA to maintain the temps you want. The 680i chipset should be fine on 1/4" tubing, it won't give you stellar temps, but it should still be better than any stock cooler. I assume you're going to use a reducer on the pump fittings to bring it down to 1/4"? If so don't bother with a plexi-top, the point of the top is to increase the fitting size, and therefore the flow, so increasing and then decreasing it won't do you any good, it's just a waste of money.

yea, the triple rad on loop one should cope. it will be strapped up with fans, probobly push pull type thing :)

i know there would have been a cheaper option to the pump but its quite a tight time scale, and the spplier i got the bulk of the parts for didnt have another option :(

ill put the cipset on the second loop methinks. :)... unless someone raises another point.
cheers
Rick

Back