• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokin9

Registered
Hello everyone, just finished putting together a e6400 duo system with a p5b deluxe mobo and was just wondering how i did? I really didnt get to do much but followed someone else's advice on the timing and settings in the mobo because they basically had the same setup as i do.

untitled2.jpg

Not sure what the temps are supposed to be like, I mean whats high on idle and high on a loaded cpu? Havent tried any higher yet.... Im gonna stress it out alittle to see how everything holds up, only did prime95 for about an hr and it did good. Thx for any advice or input!

Last edited:
Yep thats on stock cooler. What are high temps for duo processors? I beleive I have one of the newer batches, the b batch or whatever.

Also one other question about the ram settings. I read to set dram frequency to 1:1, but I didnt see any options like that. Just saw options like 802 and 1006 and so on, I set it to the 800 setting now sure if that was correct. Im using gskill 800 memory. Thx!

Good temps for your rig. You should be able to increase your oc with no problems. Try to keep load temps under 60C. With your ram you should have no problem with OC'ing the mem. In bios Dram frequency sets the divider.

Thanks, so far Ive gotten up to 415 fsb, which is around 2.9. Pretty nice, plan on gettin a after market hsf soon also.

BTW which temp reading should I beleive, Ive used TAT and the asus utility, the asus utility gives me a higher reading then TAT, by 2-3 c's.

Back