• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Board to OC E6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaft103

Registered
Hey Everyone. I am getting ready to order some new components and one of the final things I'm trying to figure out is which mobo to go with.

I am going to get an E6300 processor and I'm looking for the best board to overclock this. Initially I will be using Air cooling but probably in 6 to 8 months I will be switching to watercooling (going back to it after a 4 year hiatus).

In terms of my needs, I will only be running one video card (not a gamer) so SLI isn't necessary.

Thanks for your help!

shaft103 said:
Hey Everyone. I am getting ready to order some new components and one of the final things I'm trying to figure out is which mobo to go with.

I am going to get an E6300 processor and I'm looking for the best board to overclock this. Initially I will be using Air cooling but probably in 6 to 8 months I will be switching to watercooling (going back to it after a 4 year hiatus).

In terms of my needs, I will only be running one video card (not a gamer) so SLI isn't necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Do you need raid?

If yes, Asus P5B-E is probably your best bet.

If not, you might want to look at the Biostar Tforce P965. I just ordered one tonight, its a great deal at around 105.00 :thup:

THE BEST allendale (2MB cash E6XXX series CPU's) mobo is the Asus P5B-Deluxe (wifi or non-wifi matter of choice)

If I were to move up to the E6400 would you all recommend anything different? I'm thinking about doing this so that I can get a good overclock without having the FSB completely maxed out.

The Gigabyte DS3 is also a good choice for the E6300. Most overclocking issues seem to have been fixed with the newer bioses F7-F9. Gigabytes S3 is cheaper but should be able to provide a similar level of fsb overclock as the DS3, or at least what you need for the E6400 option. The money you save on the mobo could almost make up the difference in the two processors as well.

stags said:
The Gigabyte DS3 is also a good choice for the E6300. Most overclocking issues seem to have been fixed with the newer bioses F7-F9. Gigabytes S3 is cheaper but should be able to provide a similar level of fsb overclock as the DS3, or at least what you need for the E6400 option. The money you save on the mobo could almost make up the difference in the two processors as well.

:thup: This guy knows what hes talking about. I went with the S3 and E6400 and my system is running stable at 2.66 with only 667mhz ram. Im waiting till the 800mhz ram comes in to push it to 3.0 and then a tuniq tower to push it to 3.6

Asus p5-b deluxe is my board of choice. I am working up an E6300 system with this board. Great potential. Might want to lapp heat sinks for the NB and SB there extremely concave,

Back