• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-Dlx Voltage adjustments...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepy_Steve

I was looking through the options of my P5B Deluxe w/o wi-fi and noticed things that seemed to pertain to the NB and SB VCore. Does it make sense to up the NB and SB Vcores??

I hit a thermal bassed wall at 380 fsb on my E6600, the stock cooler just coudnt keep temps down when the room's ambient was raised... But once i find a better air cooler to hold me over, i was wondering if those settings were worth playing arround with??

try keeping the NB voltage at 1.45 or less. Some have reported graphics not working at 16x on more than 1.45v for some unknown reason. It helps to up them a little in overclocking.

Depending on your cooling/memory setting bios at 400 in bios and then using setfsb to raise it in windows will give you the greatest performance gain because the pc will boot with a tighter strap. Setting NB/SB varies but for most going 1.55 NB/1.6 SB with good case cooling will give you good stability over 400. The 1x problem varies but usually trying differint pci-e frequencies in bios helps fix the problem.

Back