• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barbs with no O-ring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkcow

well, i got my mcr320 radiator a couple weeks ago, and now i feel like testing it out. due to jab-tech forgetting to give me the barbs they shipped them separately. when they got to my house i found that there isn't an o-ring. now i have read a lot up about w/c but nothing on barbs lol. i know theres teflon tape that you use but i thought those are for tapered. and this barb looks pretty much uniform all the way down, but i could be wrong.

should i get some Teflon tape? should i get some o-rings?

i tried googleing but all i came up with is that the rad comes with 1/2inch or 3/8inch barbs.

Swiftech's own product information (on swiftnets.com, which is the same info used at jab-tech) has them listed as 3/8" NPT thread on the radiator.
Larger NPT threads are harder to visually distinguish as being tapered. But you will have to use teflon tape.

Captain Slug said:
Swiftech's own product information (on swiftnets.com, which is the same info used at jab-tech) has them listed as 3/8" NPT thread on the radiator.
Larger NPT threads are harder to visually distinguish as being tapered. But you will have to use teflon tape.

great, thanks a lot, good thing i haven't been to home depot yet.

2 normal wraps then one very tightly to pull it together? or what is usually suggested.

i did some googling and found a decent tutorial that im going to follow, but just wanted some other input.

darkcow said:
i did some googling and found a decent tutorial that im going to follow, but just wanted some other input.

There you go... that procedure is purfict!

For most barb connections I use goop... but that is a little to much... except for the intake on the eheims, they tend to crack, so I goop them up.

cool beans.

another non leaking rad has been added to the water cooling world :beer:

now to finish the damn wooden case to put it to good use.

darkcow said:
cool beans.
another non leaking rad has been added to the water cooling world :beer:
now to finish the damn wooden case to put it to good use.

I am assuming those barbs are metal? If they are, then teflon tape is in order. But if they are plastic, you would do better with RTV sealant. Teflon works best with metal to metal connections.

You still haven't finished that case??? Cmon man, get with the program!

I used the ones they gave me with the tefelon tape, the barbs are kinda small and white in colour.

So far there are no problems....

if you get new barbs they have to have the same thread as the holes in the rad otherwise it might leak.

What barbs fit on that mcr320 radiator? i just go tmine with no barbs from a store in the uk but im having a hard time
finding some barbs in the uk that will fit because im not good at all with numbers and im unsure which ones i should buy?

Can someone recomend me some for that MCR320? preferably from a uk vendor :p saves ££ on shipping etc :beer:

Back