• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up an FTP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamescardenas07

has any1 here ever setup a FTP in windows server 2003?
can some1 help me set one up? total noob and still have to learn..
any help appreciated.. i already downloaded the ISS manager and stuff

i try to download a file from the ftp and i get somekind of access denied message

try: ftp://72.234.236.159/

Last edited:
honestly if i were you i wouldnt use the windows ftp stuff. Just download a good program. I use cerberus because it is free for non commercial use and it setup really easy on windows xp 64 bit for me. Also are you positive your router (if you are running one) is configured properly.

IAmMoen said:
honestly if i were you i wouldnt use the windows ftp stuff. Just download a good program. I use cerberus because it is free for non commercial use and it setup really easy on windows xp 64 bit for me.

QFT. I use Cerberus on my server and it works great. Lots of features and it was pretty easy to set up.

Oh and I did mention that Server 2003 sends FTP user names and passwords in clear text over the internet? That's why I don't use it.

Back