• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Deluxe wierd error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Hey guyz just purchased a P4C800-E Deluxe/3.2c combo from the garynator some days ago for a friend's build and i'm kinda stummped on this error. Yeah I know even the great ones get stummped evry once ina while ;)

Anyways I build it using the following parts:

Antec 400w psu ( thanx to d94)
1-256mb stick of pc3200 (unknown brand)
Nvidia 5200 agp card
20gb wd hdd

Yes i cleared cmos several times

Now I fire up and it starts to boot, check roms, hdd's blah blah, then jumps to the fastrak raid, check that and doesn't find any hdd's installed, then it beeps 3x and an error comes up:

Cmos not set-up
Date/Time not set-up
Fatal error
Chasis Intruded
execution halted...

WTF is that? I never heard/seen any such thing. I swap the memory into different slots, keeps comming up the same error. I keep pressing DEL at the time it boots so I can get into the bios, but this error keeps me from getting there. Any ideas on what's causing it?

Did you set up CMOS and time and date and other stuff and things and junk and settings in bios??

IF you did, then get a new batter for the mobo.

Maviryk, vx you guyz were right. After reading up in the manual about the chassis intrusion jumper, there was a pic of it . It's right next to the control panel where you hook up pwr, reset, speaker, etc. There was no jumper. I used one from a dead hdd and bingo problem resolved. Rig runs perfect.

Thx guyz! :)

Back