• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are koolance setups really bad ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

im looking for an external solution for watercooling .. cant fit stuff inside .. and that is half my problem when thinking bout going watercooling .. my system specs are in my sig ..

like i was looking at the koolance setups that sit on top of ur case .. i also saw that they will have 8800 blocks shortly ..
just checking out my options

madhatR said:
im looking for an external solution for watercooling .. cant fit stuff inside .. and that is half my problem when thinking bout going watercooling .. my system specs are in my sig ..

like i was looking at the koolance setups that sit on top of ur case .. i also saw that they will have 8800 blocks shortly ..
just checking out my options

I have heard nothing good about them. I have heard over-priced for sub-par cooling.

I just say if they sell it at Compusa, it isnt worth it. Just my 2 cents.

All of their equipment is pretty much junk, and it's sold at silly prices.

If you mount the radiator outside of your case the only component left for you to find space for inside of the case is the pump.

True, just because you want external it doesnt totally limit your options to Koolance.

Plenty of external stuff you can buy.

Indeed. I wouldn't waste any money on a Koolance setup. Like Captain Slug said, they are wicked expensive for not much better than air cooling. I couldn't imagine one of their setups trying to cool one of todays GPUs well. I also have some problems with space. When I put mine together I didn't feel like modding my case so I just sort of set it right outside the case.

computerxz3.jpg

I have an Exos-2. Yes it is overpriced. But where I live (Las Vegas summers suck unless I run AC 24/7) it has cooled better than any air that I've had on my system.

AIR - CPU: 60 - 70C GPU: 60 - 90C
EXOS-2 - CPU: 40 - 50C, GPU: 50 - 60C

It was my first delv into WC Although i somewhat regret it I'm pretty sure its a whole lot better than frying a few CPUs and vids... I am going with a DIY as soon as the parts come in cause having to lug it all to a LAN was a big hassle. :bang head

inkfx said:
Wow! Look at all those 90 degree fittings. :O But I guess with that Iwaki it doesn't make much of a difference.
Those are 3/4" 90's.

I don't think putting a WC setup in your case will be hard at all. Just open it up and use some creativity. Lots of people have crammed a whole butt load of things in small cases. I say browse around the complete case's gallery and get some ideas.

Gunlance said:
I don't think putting a WC setup in your case will be hard at all. Just open it up and use some creativity. Lots of people have crammed a whole butt load of things in small cases. I say browse around the complete case's gallery and get some ideas.

a dremel can be your best friend :beer:

Back