• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermoChill PA120.3 Fan Mounting Screw Size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilrad

What size are the screws that are used to mount fans to the radiator (length & threads)? ThermoChill's webside says: Black Hardened Self-Tapper 6x1/2"
For some reason, that just isn't making any since to me. I know the screws aren't 6" long with 1/2" threads.

The holes are sized to work with #6 self-tapping sheet metal screws.
SCREW07.JPG
If you want to use coarse machine screws you will have to use a UNC #6-32 tapping bit to add a thread start to the radiator.
Most radiators are meant to be used with sheet metal screws.

I personally take a tap and cut #6-32 threads in mine so that I can use machine screws instead. They are easier to work with, and you don't have to worry about potentially piercing the rad with the sharp screw tip. A tap only costs a few bucks at ACE or wherever.

i think i need to do the same thing with my BIX once my Radbox arrives.

not to sound like a complete retard, any tips for tapping the hole??

as i'm in the UK can we get UNC 6/32 tapping bits here? i'd rather use the supplied screws with the radbox as they're the perfect length.

Last edited:
Back