• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up my Own TS Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jedi Mind Trick

I'm pretty sure this is where this topic should be posted- so here goes.

I want to set up my own Teamspeak server so that me and just a few others can talk while playing battlefield 2. I dont think this will mess with my fps ingame because it will only be about 4 players.

How exactly do I go about doing this?

I cant figure it out...:confused:

All you have to do is download the server program from their website and run it, then it will give you admin username/pw upon first use, then you can configure it however you like.

It opens in your system tray and you have to right click it, if that's what you're having trouble with.

i hope you have some good upload bandwidth, because running a TS server uses a lot of bandwidth...4 people x 5k/s each=20k/s up....depending on the quality setting you choose.
if you would like however, you can use my clan's teamspeak or ventrilo, we dont bite, and you guys can go into your own channel....just find me and i will make an OCForums channel for you...
www.theperfectgeneral.com
plus we have lots of servers available for you to play on

Luckily, my Counter-Strike Clan has already given me permission to set up a BF2 channel on our teamspeak. Also, I did use my own server and it worked fine- I can usually max at about 100kb/s so it wasn't really an issue.

I really appreciate the offer though!

What BF2 clan are you in?

Back