• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FuZion WB by D-Tek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well this block looks like a winner. Just received it last night (Thanks Danny!) and I took some pics of it. Gonna rip the G5 out and see how this one does :D

sideviewcomplete.jpg

blocknomount.jpg

baseshot.jpg

pinsdime.jpg

pins2.jpg

midplateonbase2.jpg

midplateonbase.jpg

midupsidedown.jpg

top.jpg

looks like it'll outperform an Apogee, and if thats true. it might be a great solution for quad core.

Wow s3xy that is some nice machine work on the internals. Whats the cost on that puppy? It may just compete with the Storm. :eek: Yea I said it.

That is one very nice looking block. I hope it smokes whatever the new Swiftech block that is supposed to be coming out this month so that we have some good competition. I've hung on to my trusty 6002 as there has thus far been nothing worth replacing it for. It will be interesting to see how this one performs.

that looks fantastic.
D-tek seems hard, if not impossible to get a hold of in the UK.
anyone got any info in terms of getting these blocks to the UK ?

ive got a D-tek white water which is like an antique now... even that its nice, but the base warped very quickly :(
thanks for posting the pics, as always nice job
Rick

Hey Nik, could you ask to your D-Tek contact what kind (nuance) of copper is it please?

Because it's a casted waterblock visibly, pins and fins have some degagement (base thicker than head) to be removed easily from the mould but thermal conductivity is greatly affected by molding because pure copper is a pain and generally need to be mixed with others metals (beryllium typically) to form an alloy more fluid for instance.

roscal said:
Because it's a casted waterblock visibly, pins and fins have some degagement (base thicker than head) to be removed easily from the mould but thermal conductivity is greatly affected by molding because pure copper is a pain and generally need to be mixed with others metals (beryllium typically) to form an alloy more fluid for instance.
Yeah, it would have to be High conductivity beryllium copper, which is much easier to cast than chromium copper and offers the closest conductivity to pure copper.

Roscal, I will ask. I can say that in person the pins are so tiny, it would be extremely expensive to machine this block - no one would buy it. The block is installed, I am letting the TIM cure a bit before I even think about performance. There will be a performance enhancing option in the future me thinks. Here is a pic of it installed.

blockinstalled.jpg

Captain Slug > Problem is that thermal conductivity drops ultra fast as soon as you put some, let's call them impurities, in pure copper to improve some characteristics (for molding, milling, hardness or whatever you want)... A 2% Be / 98% Cu is only ~100 W/m.K against ~400 for true pure copper ! Alloys are always bad for thermal conductivity because of atomic reorganization.

Nik > Thx :)

Well yeah that I know, I was just responding to your quandry on the material used. There are many designs and dimensions that are impossible with CNC equipment, and while I do highly prefer CNCed blocks I can understand the volume manufacturing and design complexity benefits that cast blocks offer.

I think it could be milled.. maybe with a 2mil upspiral.. i dont think you could make them round but it could be done.. it would just take way too long.

I am interested to hear your results with this block nik, I may have to try it out if your results prove promising since the rest of our system is fairly close. Only thing I am wondering is if this block would need a lot of pressure or if a single DDC would do it justice.

~jtjuska

Back