• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash Player Failed Install......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Several days ago I tried to install Adobe Flash Player and the install failed from the Adobe sight. I understand this is not unusual. What did install was the Yahoo toolbar, that was my fault, I forgot to uncheck it. It's uninstalled now through control panel.

Since then many sites pop up saying "This site want's to install Flash Player." What is going on? My IE popup blocker is set to "medium." This never happened before until the Flash Player install failed.

When I can figure out a complete and successful Flash Player install, perhaps these Flash Player install requests will cease. Any ideas?

What version of your browser are you using? I know that I had to update mine for the Flash update to work. I was getting constant Browser crashes anytime a site I had gone to was trying to load flash after installing the update. I personally use Netscape v8.1.2 because it gives me the option of viewing the page as FF or IE. I think your best bet, if it isn't already the newest version of the browser, is try updating that before the flash update.

deadlysyn said:
What version of your browser are you using? I know that I had to update mine for the Flash update to work. I was getting constant Browser crashes anytime a site I had gone to was trying to load flash after installing the update. I personally use Netscape v8.1.2 because it gives me the option of viewing the page as FF or IE. I think your best bet, if it isn't already the newest version of the browser, is try updating that before the flash update.

I'm using XP Pro & IE v7. I just installed Flash Player v9 from Adobe and it installed fine! I tried to install FP v8 the first time and it went haywire. Perhaps it was the wrong version and had compatibility issues. Or maybe I was brain dead that night! :D

Thanks just the same. :)

LOL I remember when I was having the same problem, I was thinking that using the old version of the Flash Player would solve the problem. I turned out to be very wrong. A browser update and running the Flash Player update did the trick for me also. If you solved the problem before I saw this thread, hopefully it helps someone else.

deadlysyn said:
LOL I remember when I was having the same problem, I was thinking that using the old version of the Flash Player would solve the problem. I turned out to be very wrong. A browser update and running the Flash Player update did the trick for me also. If you solved the problem before I saw this thread, hopefully it helps someone else.

We were thinking alike. I hesitate using any "newest" version for bug reasons and figure when they sort it out, then I'll install it. In this instance I was dead wrong! :confused: :)

RollingThunder said:
We were thinking alike. I hesitate using any "newest" version for bug reasons and figure when they sort it out, then I'll install it. In this instance I was dead wrong! :confused: :)
I always hesitate, even with Windows updates. I like to be absolutely sure there are no bugs before I install anything.

TheGame240 said:
Try running their uninstaller and then reinstalling flash player. That fixed my problems with it.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

All fixed! The only thing that originally installed correctly was my accidental aceptance of the Yahoo tool bar. Flash Player wasn't listed to uninstall.

Once the toolbar was cleaned out, Flash Player v9 installed correctly from the Adobe site. Thanks guys.

Back