• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Nautilus500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not a good performer, it would be a better idea to get a tuniq tower.

if you want water cooling. you'll need to get a custom kit. or a swiftech kit.

darkcow said:
not a good performer, it would be a better idea to get a tuniq tower.

if you want water cooling. you'll need to get a custom kit. or a swiftech kit.

Ok please show us some of these custom kits?

swiftech I know already.

I'm afraid of using a tuniq tower and wrecking the motherboard. These big HSFs have always scared me away from using them.

DasFox said:
I'm afraid of using a tuniq tower and wrecking the motherboard. These big HSFs have always scared me away from using them.

as long as you do it correctly, there is no danger.

and there isn't such a thing as a "good" kit. the only one that I've seen worth it is swiftech because it uses the parts i would use. but they just tack on 20 or so dollars for ease of use.

and i don't like external loops, but you can do it by making your own box and move all the pumps/rad/res outside.

I have a corsair nautilus and am actually fairly pleased with it... load temps on my 4800 stay under 45C with minimul noise.
I am ordering a Black ice pro radiator to replace corsair's selection, and a very quiet 120mm fan to silence the only noise this thing makes.
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about6397.html Check out this link to see the difference a new radiator made.

No denying however, that a custom kit will outperform the corsair. It is as good however, as my XP-120 with a performance (that means loud) fan was. The external setup is a plus for me, as I am not one with the patience to build a custom external box.

Ducatti said:
I have a corsair nautilus and am actually fairly pleased with it... load temps on my 4800 stay under 45C with minimul noise.
A Tuniq Tower or Ultra 120 will do that with a silent fan. I see no reason to spend the cash on that w/c setup, just stick with air or get a custom made w/c kit. If you have classifides access you can get some great deals on water cooling parts. I just picked up a fill port, MCP655 and a Storm for $102 shipped Priority.

Immortal_Hero said:
A Tuniq Tower or Ultra 120 will do that with a silent fan. I see no reason to spend the cash on that w/c setup, just stick with air or get a custom made w/c kit. If you have classifides access you can get some great deals on water cooling parts. I just picked up a fill port, MCP655 and a Storm for $102 shipped Priority.
No doubt you can build a better solution cheaper... But I'm lazy... and the external setup is a must for me. My computer sits inside a desk enclosure with minimul air (I added a blow hole to the desk so that helped), my XP-120 usually kept me below 55C with the fan on full tilt. I have the corsair inside the enclosure right now and with orthos running I stay below 45C. With it outside of the enclosure I lose another 7C load... For me it was worth the money to lose the fan noise and the temps. I can guarentee someone would get better results from a custom built rig, no denying that. The corsair was a good entry point for me, someone who has reletively frequent batches of disposable income and plays with computers as a part time hobby. When I start getting serious about overclocking again I'll look into a nice custom built setup or maybe even phase, but at this point in my life I just want something easy to play with that gives me a little satisfaction.

Back