• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backing up email accounts in outlook??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can export to a PST file.

Should be under File -> Import and Export or somesuch. I can double check when I'm back at work where I use Outlook 2000 if you want.

Thanks for the responses... If I back up the PST and include sub folders is there anyway to back up all accounts at once or do I have to do each one separately ? I tried -CTRL + LEFT click- to highlight more then one but that was a no go ,,,

ok I wasn't able to import my email accounts only my email.. Theres something I'm missing here .. :(

I don't think so. Really all of those articles are about backing up the data, not the settings. So you are looking to backup the settings, not the emails themselves? Or both?

One method would just be to copy the Outlook data files to a CD or something. That way if you need to you can just replace them if needed. If you go to Outlook and then choose Data File Management option from the file menu it will tell you what and where your files are. Just make a backup of these files and you should be good.

rUfUnKy said:
ok I wasn't able to import my email accounts only my email.. Theres something I'm missing here .. :(

Open your registry editor and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1343024091-507921405-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook

Export the entire Outlook key to a file. You've now backed up your email accounts. To restore the backup to another computer, simply import the backup into the new computer's registry. You may need to delete the Outlook key off the new computer first.

Yes I am trying to back up my email setting with all my account info..I will check this out when I get back to work. Thanks allot guys :)

You could also just use the "Save My Settings Wizard" (located under All Programs | Microsoft Office Tools)... which can back up all of your Office specific settings.

redduc900 said:
You could also just use the "Save My Settings Wizard" (located under All Programs | Microsoft Office Tools)... which can back up all of your Office specific settings.
NVR even noticed that was there.. I'll give that a try when I go to work tommorow ... :)

Back