• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5w dh. I/0 device error.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frickalik

Registered
I have the following system *below.* Im running Widows Professional with all of my drivers successfully installed.

The problem i have is that when i try to copy a file larger than 100 MB from my DVD rom drive i get the error "Could not copy file **** because of I/0 device error."

I tryed the FIX of going into hardware, IDE/Atapi driver and setting my Primary IDE source to PIO mode in Device 0 and Visa Versa. It didnt fix anything.

Also when i go into BIOS the Primary IDE Driver does not recognise anything to be there but my "THird IDE" detects my harddrive......

So any ideas to fix the problem....

I am not sure if that board uses the JMicron controller as the Dlx model does. But when I attached two HDDs to the IDE connector under the PCI cards I had to enable JMicron in BIOS to be able to use them. I am not sure if the same is true for CD/DVD drives, but maybe.

Im actually having a prob with my Jmicron so ill fix that and see if it fixes anything and yes i am USing the latest BIOS ......im about to test my Ram make sure non of that **** is messed up

Back